At AlixPartners, we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. We prize diversity and inclusion, the intellectually curious, the inventive, and the forward-thinking. We invite you to influence the way we work and define the way we embrace tomorrow.
What you'll do
In this support role on AlixPartners' Corporate Services team, you will work with our in-house People IT team supporting key People applications.
The Corporate Applications Intern - People is a short term/full-time role located in Southfield, Michigan and reports to the Corporate Applications Support Systems Manager - People. This is a paid internship; paid relocation and benefits are not available for this temporary position.
- Work on real-world LOB applications from a learning/collaborative centric environment
- Gain experience and exposure to HR functions within organizations and IT's contributions
- Understand delivering IT-solutions into non-IT business organizations
- Troubleshoot and solve problems
- Utilize and improve communications skill, both oral and written
- Gain experience working on multiple projects at the same time (time/priority management)
- Learn the value of and balance around software development lifecycle (SDLC) and project management processes in an IT environment
- Learn and be trained in cutting edge cloud applications
- Participate in data conversion activities for People projects; work on data extraction, manipulation and load
- Participate in software testing; learn and use tools to test cloud-based applications; perform functional testing in pre-production environments
- Create and update existing technical documentation
- Work on automating manual processes using recent technology
- Respond to level 3 support request; report defects, including steps and data necessary to reproduce
- Additional responsibilities as identified
- This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities
What you'll need
- Currently enrolled in, or a 2020 grad from, an accredited University program
- Strong knowledge of Excel including VLOOKUP and advanced functions
- Exposure to, interest in or taken data analysis courses
- Highly effective interpersonal skills
- Dependable with strong customer service skills
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must be familiar with, and promote and abide by, all Firm values as defined by the AlixPartners' Code of Conduct and in terms of Ethics, Diversity and Inclusion
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the workday
- Must be currently authorized to work in the United States. No VISAs available for this position.
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
EEO is the Law: poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf (eeoc.gov)
EEO Supplemental Poster: EEO is the Law Poster Supplement (dol.gov)
AlixPartners is a global firm of senior business and consulting professionals that specializes in improving corporate financial and operational performance, executing corporate turnarounds and providing litigation consulting and forensic accounting services when it really matters – in urgent, high-impact situations. More information is available at www.alixpartners.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, (age), status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Bronze award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.