PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Consistent with the mission of DWIHN and the goals of the Team, Student Intern's will:
- Provide support to department initiatives as described by the department leader.
- Engage in activities designed to enhance the Network's system of care.
- Documentation of work completed electronically.
- Attend meetings internally and externally as appropriate.
- Provide support to provider network and consumers within Wayne County.
- Other duties as assigned by department.
- Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization; maintaining social, ethical, and organizational norms; firmly adhering to codes of conduct and ethical principles. (Integrity/Building Trust)
- Making customers and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships, recognizing that the ultimate customer is the consumer. (Customer Focus)
- Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application. (Continuous Learning)
- Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence in addition to consciously adopting organizational standards of excellence. (Work Standards)
- Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message. (Communication)
This opportunity is only available to those with the following minimum qualifications:
- Currently working toward a Bachelor's or Master's degree in a related field (Human Services, Social Science, Technology, Research/Writing)
- Basic knowledge in the following areas:
- Community Mental Health
- Recovery Orientation
- Customer Support Skills
- Troubleshooting skills
- Microsoft Office suite
- Electronic E-mail systems (Google Apps)
- A valid State of Michigan Driver's License
- Must have transportation to and from the Network for required offsite meetings or site visits.
- Must submit a writing sample answering "why you want to be a part of this program".
Please Note: DWIHN requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of internship. Medical or religious accommodations or other exemptions that may be required by law, will be approved when properly supported. Further information will be provided during the recruitment process.