Build with Passion- Clean Harbors Kimball, NE NEW Incineration unit is seeking an Facility Engineer (Mechanical or Electrical) to provide project management at the New Incinerator in Kimball, NE whereby he/she directs, coordinates and controls the activities of subcontractors as well as facility personnel assigned to various projects. Must have at least 2 years of engineer expertise preferably in industrial setting, waste/ material handling. Monday- Friday up to 120k a year.
*Must have a Nebraska Professional Engineering license*- REQUIRED
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering- REQUIRED
- 2+ years of engineering experience in industrial setting preferred- NO NEW GRADs considered at this time
- Working knowledge of ACAD, Excel and Microsoft projects
- Knowledge of equipment, systems and processes such as instrumentation, piping, valves, pumps, material of construction, coating systems, fire detection and controls, material handling and building/structure maintenance
- Ability to meet physical requirements (including but not limited to lifting 50 lbs., climbing on/off forklift, color determination, standing, pulling, pushing, carrying, reaching, stooping, crouching, smelling)
- Must have a Nebraska Professional Engineering license- REQUIRED
- Valid US DL- REQUIRED
- Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time, including F1-OPT work authorization.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology - come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
- Ensure that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Assists plant GM in developing capital projects list for the facility and helps develop budget costs for such projects
- Provides engineering support to plant maintenance department on an as needed basis and coordinates planning of scheduled outage of major systems
- Provides engineering support for the design and development of capital projects and assists in obtaining necessary permits
- Coordinates the project activities at the plant level with all involved departments such as operation, management, maintenance, compliance and Health and Safety
- As a part of the project management, assures equipment & services procurement and compliance with all predetermined applicable regulations and company policies
- Maintains control over project cost, construction and project schedules and providing periodic update reports of the assigned capital projects
- Attends all plant management meetings and provides engineering assistance for maintenance and other projects to assure proper and timely repairs, modifications and improvements to equipment and systems
- Provide proper engineering support, maintains working understanding of all permits related to the facility and all applicable regulations related to buildings, structures, processes and general waste handling activities at the site
- Provides assistance to other facilities engineering personnel on an as needed basis
- Maintains complete documentation and updated facility drawings on file at the facility
- Documents modifications, alterations, improvements to the facility via drawings and records on an ongoing basis
- Reviews and assists maintenance department in developing, maintaining and assuring execution of preventive maintenance program (PM)
- Reviews maintenance records and informs plant management and facilities engineering management of any warranted improvements to the plan
- Provides engineering inspection of the equipment and systems for their proper use and maintenance
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability.